We love using our high-quality meats for all kinds of recipes. This time we wanted to share a traditional Italian Meatball recipe (Polpette), that uses two of our classics: pork and beef mince.
Thank you to @saporeeats for the recipe!
Serves 2-3 people
- 250g pork mince
- 250g beef mince
- ½ a brown onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (panko preferably, but any will work – see notes if you don’t have this and can’t be bothered to go to the supermarket)
- 1 egg
- large pinch of salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 500ml good quality passata (like Mutti or Cirio)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Start off by mixing the finely chopped onion with the egg, salt, both types of mince, and breadcrumbs.
- Get stuck in with your hands, mix thoroughly
- Begin to shape into meatballs - the size is up to you! I normally make 6-8
- Heat olive oil in a large pan, large enough to fit all of the meatballs
- Brown meatballs, turning them often until fully sealed
- Add minced garlic into the pan, toss for a few seconds
- Add in chicken stock and passata and bring up to a simmer
- On a low heat, cook the meatballs and sauce for about 20 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through
- Serve with rosemary potatoes and white rice